Sometimes we do projects that are not exactly picture framing…but if we have the skills to do the work, well, we try to help.
This project is inspired by something our client saw on Pinterest. She brought in an old window frame along with a photo and a much smaller photo hoping we could somehow help her. As we talked about the project, she mentioned that she actually had the 35mm negative of this photo from her wedding 10 years ago. (Good job staying organized!)
With that negative, we used a little digital magic to turn it into something that worked so much better than using the small print. We were able to edit and adapt the photo to fit just perfectly!
Once the photo was reproduced, we cleaned up the old window glass a bit, mounted the photo onto foamcore and attached it all together using offset clips, finished up the back and added a wire for hanging.
The bride hoped that the end project would be like looking in on a window from the outside….I think we accomplished that.